MEDIA - ORGANIZATIONS, JOURNALS AND NEWSPAPERS, RADIO AND TELEVISION
News (an Iqaluit-based weekly newspaper serving the new Inuit territory
AND FESTIVALS, AND SINGERS AND DRUM GROUPS
are links to sites that maintain listings of upcoming powwows, as well
as provide information on powwow dancing and customs, and sources for
PERFORMERS/CELEBRITIES - ACTORS, ACTRESSES, SINGERS, MUSICIANS, DRUM GROUPS,
STORYTELLERS, AUTHORS, ACTIVISTS
- Donald Ahdunko - traditional
Delaware and Caddo songs from Oklahoma.
- aim baby - a psychedelic
folk rock trio from the Twin Cities.
- Allegheny Singers - traditional
Iroquois songs from the Seneca nation.
- ATOLL - Native band from Colorado
- Jim Beer - Lena'pe folk
Begay - The Navajo Weaver
Horse - Native American Art, Dance & Music, Inc. - a Navajo-based
- Phillip "Yogi" Bread
- Kiowa musician and traditional dancer.
- Clan/Destine - Native
traditional and rock band.
Crouse - Seneca traditional singer and contact for the Allegany
Gladstone - Blackfeet singer and songwriter
Gorman Navajo Gallery
Rodney A. Grant Website
Hawk Project - blending Native American music, jazz, and free improvisation.
- Indigenous - the Nakota blues band sensation!
- 1995 Native American Male Vocalist of the Year Added 4/4/98
- Andrew Lacapa - Apache comedian
Littleleaf - Warm Springs flute player
Locke - Lakota flute player and hoop dancer.
- Loma Mathias - Ojibway/Metis singer, actor,
writer and music producer.
Mauchahty-Ware - Kiowa/Comanche Musician and Artist.
- Christine Nofchissey
McHorse - Navajo micaceous clay potter and sculptor.
Russell Means Home Page
Dream - intertribal contemporary music from Anchorage.
Meshake - Ojibwe stories and paintings
Miller - Mohican singer/songwriter and artist.
- contemporary Native pop/rock from Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Native American Music Awards - "THE NAMMYS" - The Second Annual
Native American Music Awards were held at Popejoy Hall in Albuquerque
on November 6, 1999.
- Nation's Ensemble - a mostly
Hopi jazz/rock/fusion band.
- Greg T. Walker - new CD from the founding member of the rock group
Neel - Kwagiutl photographer
- K.Paul Carvings -
Swinomish/Colville carver and musician
- Peacemaker - and all-aboriginal
heavy techno fusion band from Manitoba.
- Po-Gesh - art from Mono artist
- Red Hawk and Wolf
- Native flute music on MP3
- Red Power Squad - Native dancers
based in Edmonton, Alberta.
Roybal's Homepage - Tewa flute player.
Sainte Marie - Cree singer
- Native American rap and hip hop.
Shenandoah - the well known Oneida singer/songwriter.
- James A. Simon - Mishibinijima
- painter from the Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve on Manitoulin
Warren Smith - Cherokee artist.
- Sour Springs Longhouse Male Singers
- Ganohgwatroho:no' Henadreno:ta' - traditional songs from the Six
Nations of the Grand River in Ontario.
Spotted Eagle - flute player and recording artist.
Online - The Home of Arigon Starr - Kickapoo-Creek alternapop!
Tallmountain - Athabaskan poet who died in 1994.
- Thunder Bird Sisters - from
the Shinnecock reservation.
Rez Professionalz - Iroquois Hip Hop/Rap from the Six Nations of
the Grand River Reserve. They also have an MP3 site
Trudell - Santee Sioux activist/poet/actor
- Ulali - the official web page for the female trio
that has recorded with Robbie Robertson and appeared with the Indigo
- Ulali - another page for
the female trio
- the Cherokee singers from the (Rita) Coolidge family
Hunkake - Ancestors, Our Story - artwork and more from Hunkpapa
artists Daryl and Sharon No Heart.
- Zoey Wood-Salomon -
INDIAN-ORIENTED HOME PAGES
Peoples (WWW Virtual Library - strong Australian
Indian Ethnobotany Database
Circle - a very wide-ranging site from the University of Connecticut
about the peoples and environment of the Arctic.
for American Indians Virtual Museum (features
Native artists as well as Indian-related artwork)
Aboriginal vResources - arranged by country
and focusing on the U.S., Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and Australia
Indian Basketry (from the Museum Informatics Project at UC-Berkeley)
- The Information Superhighway Running Through Indian Country
(from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development)
of the Native Peoples of the United States
(from the North American Vexillological Association (NAVA) - that's
the study of flags, folks!)
World Documentation Project
Lakes Regional American Indian Network
Pipes in Plains Indian Adornment : a Study in Indian and White Ingenuity (FULL TEXT of lengthy anthropology article by John S. Ewers,
originally published in 1957)
Gaming - News and Commentary
Peoples and the United Nations
Archives Records on Native Americans (i.e.
rolls, censuses, etc.)
Museum of the American Indian (Smithsonian
American Artists Home Page
American Documents Project (19th century federal
documents on various issues in federal/Indian governmental relationships,
from the University of California, San Marcos)
American Indian - Culture, Education, Art, Science, History : Native
American Support Group
Hockey Players - a page devoted to Native
players on professional hockey teams!
Home Page (contains the archives of the NativeLit-L mailing list)
- NativeNet (contains the archives of the NativeNet family of listservers
- i.e. Native-L, Natchat, Natlang, etc. - as well as links to many other
- NativeTech (super web page devoted to traditional technologies, arts,
and crafts - with sources for supplies!)
Carolina Native Americans - links to tribes
and organizations in the state -
Coast Indian History
and Reburial Issues (from Larry Zimmerman
at the University of South Dakota)
Native Place - lots of links!
Technology and Native Americans (Updated 3/25/96)
Gaming Commission Administrators, Inc. ( a
non-native organization whose home page provides lots
of interesting information on the tribal gaming industry)